Applications are invited for a Consultant Paediatrician post with a specialist interest in Gastroenterology to complement the department of Paediatrics in a Midlands NHS Trust.
The person appointed will be required to devote substantially the whole of his / her time to the duties of this post.
Duties of the post
- To provide a General Paediatric service, taking responsibility for emergency admissions when on-call
- To hold ward rounds on the paediatric wards
- To undertake out-patient sessions
- To undertake specialist clinics in Gaestroenterology
- To update Paediatric guidelines
- To be aware of Child Protection guidelines for practise within the Trust
- On-call duties will be shared with other consultants in the department
- To take an active part in the teaching of both undergraduate and post-graduate trainees.
- To provide education supervision of trainees.
- To attend and contribute at the Paediatric Business unit meetings, Clinical Governance and Perinatal Mortality and Morbidity meetings.
- To liaise and act as local link with visiting Paediatric Specialists as required
- A pass in IELTS/OET
- UK Experience