BDI Resourcing are seeking applicants for a Clinical Fellow in General Paediatrics and Paediatric Emergency Medicine (ST4+ equivalent). The position is within an advanced Trust that is home to one of the largest and busiest Emergency departments in the Midlands.
- This post is suitable for an experienced doctor interested in a career in Paediatrics or in Paediatric Emergency Medicine. The successful applicant will work entirely in the Paediatric Emergency Unit with a particular emphasis on improving the flow of patients through the hospital and effective decision making for patient turnover.
- They will work alongside the Paediatric Emergency Medicine Consultant team, Emergency Nurse Practitioners and other junior doctors covering this area. They will support and supervise the junior paediatric doctors as well as emergency department junior doctors.
Duties of post:
- All aspects of documentation and care of medical and surgical paediatric inpatients - Management of patients in Paediatric Emergency Department.
- Supervision and assistance to junior paediatric/emergency department colleagues.
- Research, improvement and audit: Involvement in the research, improvement and audit interests of the department will be encouraged.
- The supportive consultant team encourage and facilitate the appointee to further develop skills required to step up to consultant level.
- MRCPCH or equivalent is desirable.
- Full GMC