BDI are offering a position as an NHS Locum Consultant in Histopathology. The position is within a large tertiary hospital in the East of England.
The appointee will join the other Consultant Histopathologists in the Department to form a Team which provides diagnostic histopathology, non-cervical cytopathology and autopsy services (if desired).
Consultant Histopathologists in the department are sub-specialised but also participate in the reporting of general pooled specimens.
Duties of the post:
- The appointee will contribute to the subspecialist workload of the Department. This will include a contribution to the Breast pathology team. Specialist breast work includes diagnostic biopsies, local resections and major resections.
- Consultants within the department, where possible, take a flexible approach to sub-specialisation so that all areas are supported to a degree commensurate with the workload in that speciality.
- All consultants are expected to contribute, on a rotational basis, to the weekly skin MDT.
- To liaise with clinical colleagues and technical staff, to provide advice and to be available for consultation on the interpretation of diagnostic findings.
- To share in the teaching and training of medical and BMS trainees, undergraduate students and trainees in other disciplines.
- To maintain and develop general and relevant subspecialty skills and remain abreast of modern clinical and professional practice.
- To participate in the CPD scheme of the Royal College of Pathologists.
- The Trust supports the requirements for continuing medical education as laid down by the Royal Colleges and is committed to providing time and financial support for these activities.
- CESR support can be provided for the right candidate to help complete a CESR portfolio.