An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and motivated doctor to join a Pathology service in an NHS Trust in London. The Trust would be a perfect fit for an overseas Doctor as it is equipped with supportive staff who provide a tailoured onboarding programme to ensure you are given the best start to your NHS Career! If you are a Hematapathologist looking for an encouraging environment in which to develop as a professional, this is the one for you!
- To provide interpretative reports and advice concerning the investigation and management of patients and advise on and encourage the selection of the most appropriate tests.
- To develop and maintain collaborative relationships with clinical colleagues in all specialities within the trust and in primary care and to participate in multidisciplinary meetings, ward rounds, guideline development , teaching and training as appropriate.
- The exact clinical role will be open for discussion depending on the Interests and experience of the appointee. There will be opportunities for developing outpatient services in conjunction with the Division of Medicine.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Provide a high quality SIHMDS supporting patient pathways across London
- Deliver core Hematopathology services supporting the laboratory with diagnostic/morphological reporting
- Liaise with other clinical services – developing responsibilities to include participation in MDT/clinicopathological discussions
- Undertake an appropriate share of supervisory and managerial responsibilities to help deliver a high quality diagnostic service
- Undertake and participate in clinical audit.
- Develop an area of special interest for clinical or academic research.
- The post-holder will be strongly encouraged to work towards a CESR applications and opportunities will be available for support and guidance towards this.