Team BDI Resourcing have a position available for a Locum Consultant in Cellular Pathology with interests in GI and or Gynae. The position is within an NHS Trust in London.
- A full-time NHS Locum Consultant post is are available at an amazing NHS Trust. The post is a one year fixed appointment for a total of 10 PAs a week, and candidates who wish to work less than full time will be equally considered. If such a person is appointed, modification of the job content will be discussed on a personal basis with the Trust in consultation with consultant colleagues.
Duties of post:
- The appointee must have an interests in GI and or Gynae.
- The laboratories have teaching rooms and multi-headed microscopes. There are facilities for macro and microphotography. An interest in undertaking the role of educational supervisor is desirable but not essential. The post-holder will be expected to take part in the training of these trainee medical staff as well as laboratory staff. The appointee may also be expected to take part in the training of other health service staff including nursing staff, ambulance staff, physiotherapists and radiographers as needed.
- The post-holder will participate in clinical governance activities as required by the Trust and external accrediting bodies.
- Job plans to be agreed in accordance with successful applicant’s areas of interest alongside service requirements.
- SPAs will be provided as part of the successful applicant’s job plan for those building a CESR portfolio for GMC Specialist Registration.
- The post holder’s professional progress will be reviewed annually by the supervising Consultant.
- The post-holder will be required to keep fully up-to-date with their relevant area of practice and to be able to demonstrate this to the satisfaction of the Trust. Professional or study leave will be granted at the discretion of the Trust, in line with the prevailing Terms and Conditions of Service, to support appropriate study, postgraduate training activities, relevant CME courses and other appropriate personal development needs.
- FRCpath or equivalent
- Full GMC