BDI Resourcing need a Consultant Radiologist with a specialist interest in Paediatric Radiology to join a London NHS Trust.
This is a replacement post, primarily to support the Paediatric and Neonatal Services for the population served by the Trust, but with a commitment to general Radiology workload.
Post Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected, in conjunction with their colleagues, to provide a comprehensive radiology service to the London NHS Trust.
The post may be flexible to some degree based on workload and activity. Team work is very important.
The post holder will support and work closely with the Clinical Director, Radiology Head of Service, Lead Nurse and Radiology Operational Managers.
In addition, he/she will be required to:
- Provide effective clinical leadership for all staff in the service through positive collaboration with colleagues.
- Undertake such other duties as may be identified to meet the needs of the service.
- Take part in a consultant rota for emergency duties and to provide, on a reciprocal basis, emergency cover for colleagues during periods of absence.
- Carry out teaching duties as required and take an active part in the Postgraduate Medical Education programme and in the teaching of junior medical staff. To be involved in the education of nursing staff, General Practitioners and other clinical professions.
- To attend regularly Radiology teams meetings and MDT’s, including providing cross cover for the other sites.
- Have continuing responsibility for patients in his / her care and for the proper functioning of the department.
- Have a good understanding of UK guidelines particularly regarding the consent of patients, risk management and pre and post IR procedure patient’s management.
- Take part in team, department, regional and national audits.
- Be involved in research where appropriate.
- Participate in the management of the Imaging Service as appropriate.
- A pass in IELTS or OET