Are you an international doctor looking to start a UK career in Medicine? Do you have plans to progress to Higher Speciality Training or a Consultant via the CESR route?
Applications are invited for the above post of Middle Grade Emergency Medicine in the Accident and Emergency Department of a North East NHS Trust - the largest Trust in the North of England.
The post holder will be clinically and educationally responsible to the Consultants in
The post holder will support the Emergency Department in:
1. Ensuring the effective organisation of the reception, resuscitation, diagnosis and
emergency treatment of all patients presenting to the Emergency Department.
2. The appropriate discharge of patients to a specialist unit within the hospital and
other hospitals in the area, General Practitioner or back to the community.
3. The direct clinical supervision and training of the Emergency Department Junior
Medical Staff and Emergency Nurse Practitioners working in the Emergency
Department as well as the organisation and delegation of clinical work.
4. The readiness of the department to implement at any time the Major Incident Plan.
5. The post holder will contribute to the periodic reviews and verifications of these
6. The monitoring of the quality of service given by the Emergency Department, which
includes clinical audit.
7. Active participation at various committees and working groups.
8. Participation in development of emergency treatment protocols.
9. Professional supervision under Consultant guidance aiming to encourage the
development of all doctors within Emergency Medicine.
10. Contributing to the provision of reports for the Coroner, Police Statements and for
Complaints management adhering to time frames.
11. Demonstrating an involvement in Clinical Governance, Risk Management and
12. Contributing to collaborating with Emergency colleagues.
13. Ensuring own practice is up to date. This will include taking responsibility for own clinical professional development and participation in the Trust wide appraisal
14. Complying with data protection.
15. Complying with all relevant Trust Policies and Procedures.
The Emergency Department is committed to increasing the profile of Education and Training. The post holder will be required to participate fully in the education and training of medical students, trainee doctors, paramedical, nursing and other appropriate personnel.
There are weekly training sessions for all doctors on Thursday afternoons. The post holder will have one day every fortnight protected for SPA (supporting professional activity) relating to administration, training, teaching, continuous professional development.
There is new, state of the art postgraduate medical centre on site with lecture rooms and several seminar rooms provided with extensive audio-visual facilities. Facilities for poster preparation and presentation are available at the centre. There is a staffed library, a dining / sitting room. A full programme of academic meetings, seminars and tutorials is organised for hospital Doctors, General Practitioners and other professionals of the hospital.
BDI Resourcing are searching for an international doctor to fill a Locum Consultant Paediatric Emergency post within a highly reputable NHS Trust in the North East
BDI Resourcing are searching for an A&E Specialty Doctor to work within a highly reputable University Teaching Hospital in the North of England.
MRCEM essential but can provide language test exemption via SELR
BDI Resourcing are searching for a Doctor to fill an ST3 position within the Emergency Medicine Department in a highly acknowledged NHS Trust in the North East
BDI Resourcing are searching for an international Doctor to fill an ST3 position in Emergency Medicine within a busy North England NHS Trust
The post is full time and full participation in the shift pattern rota with your middle-grade colleagues is required. All shifts are full shifts on site and there is no on-call cover. The appointee will be joining our team of 7 Consultants, 7 Middle Grades, 8 Junior Doctors, an experienced ED nursing team plus an award winning Front Door Frailty Service.
The Emergency Department saw around 63,000 patients last year(18/19).
All sub specialty interests are welcomed and support will be provided by the trust in order to persue these within practice.
MRCEM and OET or IELTS
BDI Resourcing are seeking an international doctor for a Specialty Doctor Emergency Medicine post within a North East of England NHS Trust.
You will join a friendly and supportive department who will provide you with full CESR support.
The Department is innovative and enthusiastic and currently expanding the staffing within the department across all professions.
The hospital are committed to a 7 day Consultant led service delivering high quality emergency care to our patients. They currently have 10 full-time equivalent consultants with plans to further increase to 12.
You will need full MRCEM and IELTS exemption is available.