Applications are invited for Middle Grades in Emergency Medicine - IELTS exemption offered.
The post is located within a North East England NHS Trust who are offering exciting professional development opportunities.
Candidates must have experience in Emergency Medicine and ideally have decided on Emergency Medicine as your preferred career or are in an allied specialty with an interest in Emergency Medicine.
You will be committed to working as a team member providing care to the patient population.
You will have an active interest in developing your personal, clinical, and special interest skills. You will be capable of managing projects both independently and under supervision. Regular supervision meetings with an experienced training Consultant will help you meet your personal objectives during your post and also help you shape your future career.
The successful applicant must be comfortable assessing and initiating management of cases presenting to the department, and will be encouraged to develop team leadership skills, with supervision. You will also be expected to lead the department at times when the consultant is not present and undertake team leadership duties.
It is expected the post holders will act as role models for medical students and will have excellent communication skills and initiative.
Are you an international doctor looking to start a UK career in Medicine? Do you have plans to progress to Higher Speciality Training or a Consultant via the CESR route?
Applications are invited for the above post of Middle Grade Emergency Medicine in the Accident and Emergency Department of a North East NHS Trust - the largest Trust in the North of England.
The post holder will be clinically and educationally responsible to the Consultants in
The post holder will support the Emergency Department in:
1. Ensuring the effective organisation of the reception, resuscitation, diagnosis and
emergency treatment of all patients presenting to the Emergency Department.
2. The appropriate discharge of patients to a specialist unit within the hospital and
other hospitals in the area, General Practitioner or back to the community.
3. The direct clinical supervision and training of the Emergency Department Junior
Medical Staff and Emergency Nurse Practitioners working in the Emergency
Department as well as the organisation and delegation of clinical work.
4. The readiness of the department to implement at any time the Major Incident Plan.
5. The post holder will contribute to the periodic reviews and verifications of these
6. The monitoring of the quality of service given by the Emergency Department, which
includes clinical audit.
7. Active participation at various committees and working groups.
8. Participation in development of emergency treatment protocols.
9. Professional supervision under Consultant guidance aiming to encourage the
development of all doctors within Emergency Medicine.
10. Contributing to the provision of reports for the Coroner, Police Statements and for
Complaints management adhering to time frames.
11. Demonstrating an involvement in Clinical Governance, Risk Management and
12. Contributing to collaborating with Emergency colleagues.
13. Ensuring own practice is up to date. This will include taking responsibility for own clinical professional development and participation in the Trust wide appraisal
14. Complying with data protection.
15. Complying with all relevant Trust Policies and Procedures.
The Emergency Department is committed to increasing the profile of Education and Training. The post holder will be required to participate fully in the education and training of medical students, trainee doctors, paramedical, nursing and other appropriate personnel.
There are weekly training sessions for all doctors on Thursday afternoons. The post holder will have one day every fortnight protected for SPA (supporting professional activity) relating to administration, training, teaching, continuous professional development.
There is new, state of the art postgraduate medical centre on site with lecture rooms and several seminar rooms provided with extensive audio-visual facilities. Facilities for poster preparation and presentation are available at the centre. There is a staffed library, a dining / sitting room. A full programme of academic meetings, seminars and tutorials is organised for hospital Doctors, General Practitioners and other professionals of the hospital.
We are looking for a Speciality Doctor to join a friendly and supportive team in the Emergency Medicine.
The department pride themselves on being flexible, hard-working, enthusiastic and provide an excellent service to patients.
The post is located at a beautiful part of North East England, with excellent-qality schools and rail links to the rest of the country.