BDI Resourcing have three position available for NHS Locum Consultants in Emergency Medicine, the posts are with an incredible University Teaching Hospital in the North of England! The multicultural setting along with the Trusts Outstanding reputation make this a fantastic opportunity for an IMG looking to work as a consultant WITHOUT yet holding specialist registration.
- 8 plus 2 SPA contract.
- You will be responsible for patients admitted to the Clinical Decision Units under the auspices of the Emergency Department. During clinical shifts, ward rounds will be undertaken to ensure that these patients are either discharged or referred to a speciality team for onward care if admission is likely to exceed 12 hours.
Duties of the post:
- Will be responsible for the diagnosis and initial treatment and resuscitation of all emergencies.
- Will make arrangements for patients to be referred to the next most appropriate agency or to be discharged home within 4 hours.
- Will be expected to participate actively in direct clinical management as well as overseeing care provided by junior medical and non-medical staff.
- Should monitor the workload and stresses within the department moving staff accordingly and ensuring that breaks are taken. They will work closely with the senior nurse to provide clinical leadership for the department, ensuring that all areas are functioning optimally and providing the highest standard of care for all patients attending the Emergency Department.
- Will have clinical responsibility for the patients in the above named areas under the care of Emergency Medicine and should ensure that a clear handover is provided to colleagues taking over from them at the end of their shift.
- Will participate when required in clinical administration such as answering complaints, checking results and recalling patients if needed.
- A Fantastic relocation allowance of £8,000!
- CESR support opportunities to get competencies signed off for specialist registration.
- Specialist Registration is not required
- Essential: FRCEM or equivalent