BDI Resourcing are seeking a motivated, hard-working and friendly international doctor for a Consultant Interventional Radiology post located in a North West of England NHS Trust.
The hospital is located within a major UK city, with excellent transportation links to the rest of the country and excellent-quality schools.
Duties of the Post
- The provision, with Consultant colleagues, of elective and emergency Interventional radiology services, with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness, and the appropriate functioning of the department.
- Out-of-hours responsibilities, including participation in the Consultant Interventional Radiology on-call rota.
- Cover for colleagues' annual leave and other authorised absences.
- Professional supervision and management of junior medical staff.
- Contribution to undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing medical education activity.
- Participation in medical audit, the Trust’s Clinical Governance processes and in CPD.
- Managerial responsibilities where appropriate.
- To maintain a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- To ensure that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standard, and in accordance with current quality initiatives within the department and the area of work.
- To comply with the IR(ME)R 2000.
- To comply with the requirement of the Data Protection Act 1998, in line with the Trust’s policies.
- To comply with the policies, procedures and accountability arrangements throughout the Trust for maintaining accuracy and probity in the recording of the Trust’s activities.
- To comply with the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 in line with Trust Policy.
- To comply with Trust policy on the implementation of Working Time Regulations (1998, 2007 amendment).
- Responsibility for undertaking the administrative duties associated with the care of patients and the administration of the department.