BDI Resourcing are searching for a Doctor to fill an Anaesthesia Consultant position within a highly reputable NHS Trust in Scotland.
- The post holder will work within the existing Anaesthesia Team, comprising 33 Consultants, one Associate Specialist, two Specialty Doctors, three Anaesthesia Associates and some 17 trainees who share responsibility for providing a comprehensive anaesthetic service for the NHS Trust
- We value the skills and experience you bring and will work towards accommodating any subspecialty interest undertaken including chronic pain management.
- The posts will include on-site out of hours and overnight working as part of normal job planned activity.
- Appointees must therefore have the capability to deliver and support trainees and other members of the Anaesthesia Team delivering obstetric, critical care and emergency anaesthetic services out of hours, supported by a non-resident general and intensive care consultant. Applicants are encouraged to discuss this aspect of the post with colleagues currently working in this way.
- The Anaesthesia team supports a wide range of surgical specialties. There are also obstetric and paediatric services as well as acute and chronic pain services.
- Our anaesthetic department is committed to deliver high quality evidence-based care to each of our patients. We are a close knit team who appreciate enthusiasm and a drive to develop excellence in a supported environment through shared experience. The department uses surgical models such as Day of Surgery Admission, Day Case Surgery, Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS), improving pre-operative preparation and developing the Anaesthesia Team (including initiatives such as Anaesthesia Associates)
EDAIC/FCPS and previous Consultant experience