BDI Resourcing are searching for Doctors to fill ST3 ICU posts within a highly reputable NHS Trust in the South East.
- Pioneering Trust and progressive NHS Trust, on an exciting journey of healthcare transformation, with award-winning research and innovation, and a strong team ethos.
- One of the largest acute trusts in England
- Serve a population of 695,000 people and over a million through their regional services, employ 7,950 staff and have 1,000 beds across three main hospital sites
- The Critical Care Unit currently runs 16 beds. It is a busy mixed surgical and medical unit that admits nearly 1000 patients per year. It is staffed by 8 Consultant Intensivists providing 24-hour cover plus 12 doctors in training and clinical fellows on a full shift system rota. The unit has a strong teaching ethos, runs a weekly half-day consisting of a teaching round and tutorials, plus bi-monthly morbidity & mortality meetings. The unit is actively involved in research and has a comprehensive audit programme
- This position is ideally suited for candidates who has completed core training and wish to train in Intensive Care Medicine or gain intermediate level training experience as out of programme or in programme within their base speciality training. Highly motivated individual who are yet to complete core training considering a career in acute medicine, anaesthetic or emergency medicine will also be actively considered for the position.
- There are currently three FICE mentors in the department and a dedicated echocardiography machine for use to accrue the 50 cases required to become FICE accredited.
- At present the ICU rota is 1 in 6 full shift rotas with prospective cover.
EDIC or MRCP with OET or IELTS
Must have experience in Airways Management and Central Vascular Access (Line Insertion)
UK experience preferable