The successful post holder will join an innovative team of Consultant Medical Oncologists, to deliver an Oncology service in one of the largest Trusts in the UK that provides expert treatment to patients across the South East.
- Being in the South East of England this hospital benefits from being a close comute to London whilst also being close to the beautiful coastline.
- The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop specific areas of interest, working alongside the current Oncology team. In keeping with the department’s ambition as a teaching hospital, the appointee will have the opportunity to engage in research and would be encouraged to utilise world class expertise based on Campus.
- The appointee will be required to participate in the speciality education of undergraduates and postgraduates and allied health professionals. This includes participation in the departmental teaching programme for junior Haematology medical and nursing staff and active participation in the departmental meeting programme.
- They offer an excellent on-boarding and induction programme which is geared towards international applicants.
- The post-holder will be required to maintain their continuing professional development (CPD) to be able to successfully revalidate. As per the Trust requirement the successful candidate will be required to have annual appraisal and attend / keep fully up to date with statutory and mandatory training as stipulated.
- Substantial protected time will be given to help support the clinical trials team with active participation in clinical research within an oncology research portfolio.
- Academic support will be provided to a successful applicant wishing to pursue further post-graduate and/or Royal College qualifications (for example, MRCP SCE in Medical Oncology).
- Job plans to be agreed in accordance with successful applicant’s areas of interest alongside service requirements.
- SPAs will be provided as part of the successful applicant’s job plan for those building a CESR portfolio for GMC Specialist Registration.
- MRCP (Preferable)
- Eligibility for GMC registration (required)