BDI Resourcing are searching for a Doctor to fill an SHO post in General Surgery within an excellent NHS Trust in the South East
- The post holder will be expected to manage general surgical patients, working together with the team to optimise care of patients.
- The successful applicant will contribute to the overall performance of the General Surgery Service and will participate in an emergency on-call service for General Surgery on a 1:8 basis.
- The post holder will be responsible for ward based care of surgical patients, participating in clinics and attending theatre sessions at RSCH and PRH in a flexible manner.
- The post holder accepts that he / she will also perform duties in occasional emergencies and unforeseen circumstances at the request of the appropriate consultant, in consultation, where practicable, with his / her colleagues, both senior and junior.
- While it has been agreed between the professions that they will perform such duties, the Secretary of State stresses that additional commitments arising under this sub-section are exceptions and in particular that juniors should not be required to undertake work of this kind for prolonged periods or on a regular basis.
- 1 year minimum Surgery Experience
- Hoping for a Career in Surgery