BDI Resourcing are accepting applications for an NHS Locum Consultant in Medical Oncology. The position is within one of the largest and busiest acute teaching Trusts in the beautiful South of England.
- The Trust offers a wide range of courses and education in the areas of laboratory, clinical, and population health through the provision of innovative education and globally recognised research.
- In line with GMC Good Medical Practice, it is the responsibility of the post-holder to ensure that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standard, and in accordance with current quality initiatives within the area of work.
The duties of the post:
- Take responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness, and the proper functioning of the department.
- To promote new ways of working and co-ordinating care for patients in the community and to ensure that services are based on effective and integrated partnerships across the health community.
- Take part in multidisciplinary case conferences.
- Supervise and train junior medical staff and to be involved in appraising and assessing juniors.
- To proactively develop the service and take part in teaching, research and administration.
- To actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and audit.
- They offer an excellent on-boarding and induction programme which is geared towards international applicants.
- The post-holder will be required to maintain their continuing professional development (CPD) to be able to successfully revalidate. As per the Trust requirement the successful candidate will be required to have annual appraisal and attend / keep fully up to date with statutory and mandatory training as stipulated.
- Substantial protected time will be given to help support the clinical trials team with active participation in clinical research within an oncology research portfolio.
- Academic support will be provided to a successful applicant wishing to pursue further post-graduate and/or Royal College qualifications (for example, MRCP SCE in Medical Oncology).
- Job plans to be agreed in accordance with successful applicant’s areas of interest alongside service requirements.
- SPAs will be provided as part of the successful applicant’s job plan for those building a CESR portfolio for GMC Specialist Registration.
The post requirements:
- MRCP (Preferable)
- Eligibility for GMC registration (required)
- Previous experience practising in an autonomous capacity.