An NHS Trust in the South of England are currently interviewing for a Registrar in Paediatrics and Neonatology. They are looking for an ambitious and hardworking Doctor who is perhaps looking to work towards their CESR in order to work as a substantive consultant here in the UK.
- The post-holder will have a named supervisor, and be supported in undertaking scheduled educational opportunities within the Trust and specialties to consolidate and develop alongside their experiential learning.
- This acute paediatric and neonatal post will allow the candidate to pursue entry on to the Specialist Register whilst in post with the support of the Trust.
- The post-holders will share all aspects of acute paediatrics with the existing team. The candidates should have relevant experience in clinical management of children and neonates, including acute resuscitation, acute management, management of patients with chronic conditions and longer term follow up to work as part of the middle grade rota.
- Provision of care with responsibility for the management of patients with acute and chronic conditions including complex cases.
- Referral of patients to other specialities as appropriate
- Out-patient activities/clinics
- Involvement in specialty and cross-specialty multi-disciplinary teams and meetings
- Involvement in relevant administration duties
- Teaching and supervision of junior medical staff, medical students and other clinicians as appropriate
- Active involvement in audit and clinical governance including service improvement activities
- As mentioned the Trust will allow the candidate to pursue entry on to the Specialist Register whilst in post with the support of the Trust.