An outstanding Children's department are offering a full time Senior Clinical fellow post in General Paediatrics and Level 2 Neonatology. The post is available as soon as possible but may be extendable by mutual agreement as other opportunities within the acute paediatric and or tertiary neonatal team are anticipated. The post would suit a doctor developing a career in paediatrics who wants to gain experience in a busy unit that offers a wide range of subspecialist services.
- Clinical duties are undertaken in all general paediatric areas, including the Emergency Department as required.
- The post is not formally recognised for training purposes, however the department will integrate the successful applicant into the team of ST4+s, giving access to a wide range of educational opportunities and will provide consultant level educational supervision and support including study leave and taking part in departmental teaching.
- Management of the significant number of our patients who come to us from PICU, and form an interesting group with complex problems.
- Supervision of SHOs on the wards and in the emergency department.
- General paediatric outpatient clinics under supervision of a consultant.
- Sub-specialty outpatient experience in respiratory medicine, haematology, gastro-enterology, HIV & ID, endocrinology & diabetes at the discretion of the postholder.
- The rota is structured to allow opportunities for study leave. You will be allocated a consultant as an educational supervisor.
- Fantastic onboarding support will be given to the applicant in regards to hospital inductions - relocation support will also be given to the applicant and their family.
- GMC registration
- UK or Irish experience desired