BDI Resourcing are seeking an international doctor for a Specialty Doctor Psychiatry post within a South West England NHS Trust.
You will join a friendly and supportive department who will provide you with full CESR support.
The Rehabilitation Service provides inpatient care to individuals with a range of severe mental illness and complex needs which can present a challenge to services. The whole service is focused on working toward independence and recovery to enable service users to regain health and mental wellbeing before being able to move on and live as independently as possible when they are discharged from the service. The service provides 24 hour nursing care, and therapy staff will where necessary work flexibly over a 7 day period to meet the needs of the service users.
The post-holder with have day to day responsibility for managing patients on both the locked and open rehabilitation in conjunction with their clinical team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Day to day responsibility for managing patients on both the locked and open rehabilitation in conjunction with their clinical team
- The assessment and management of patients referred to the Rehabilitation Service
- Liaising with other professionals and agencies involved in the patients’ care
- Attending care planning meetings, ward rounds, risk assessment and referral meetings
- Referral assessments as necessary
- Attending Mental Health Review Tribunals and Managers’ Hearings
- Preparation of reports for case summaries, CPAs, Tribunal/Managers’ Hearings, Discharge Summaries
- The Specialty Doctor will be expected to participate in the postgraduate activities related to psychiatric services and to ensure CPD requirements are met
- The Specialty Doctor will be expected to participate in departmental studies and the medical/clinical audit process
- So far as is consistent with the proper discharge of the above duties, the post holder undertakes to deputise from time to time for absent colleagues, principally one of the Core Trainees in Rehabilitation Psychiatry.
This post will accept PLAB or MRCPsych and a pass in IELTS/OET to evidence your English language skills.