We are currently looking for an enthusasitic and dynamic team player for the appointment of a full-time, Permanent Consultant Radiologist with an interest in Thoracic imaging at a South West hospital's imaging department.
1.The post holder will be a member of the thoracic radiology team based in Wythenshawe hospital but supporting the whole Trust, acting as a source of advice for consultant colleagues and general practitioners.
2. Develop good working relationships with professional colleagues within the Radiology Department, the Trust, primary care and with Regional Specialty colleagues.
3. Support Trainees, Radiographers and Sonographers in delivering the thoracic radiology service to patients.
4. Adopt, where relevant, the guidelines and protocols produced by the Royal College of Radiologists and local approved Trust guidelines.
5. Will be responsible for presenting the results of radiological investigations, or ensuring that colleagues present those results to required MDTs.
6. With Thoracic Service Leads, and other senior staff in radiology, the post holder will determine the department’s direction with reference to Trust tertiary services and patient needs.
7. Will participate in the 1 in 12 consultant-led on-call service in Radiology which is being re-designed as part of the merger of UHSM and CMFT.
The salary scale is as per the Terms & Conditions of Service as set out in the Consultant Contract 2003. The current scale is £76,761 rising to £103,490 per annum, for 10 programmed activities per week. Any agreed extra programmed activities, and on-call requirement will be paid in addition to the basic salary.
Pay progression will be on the anniversary of appointment and is subject to satisfactory participation in annual appraisal, the completion of a job plan review and agreed personal objectives as set out in Schedule 15 of the Terms and Conditions.
Starting salary will be determined according to the terms and conditions as per the Consultant Contract 2003. Where a candidate has service in or outside the NHS which they feels should be taken into account in determining the starting salary, this will be considered following the offer of appointment by the AAC.
Your annual leave entitlement is as per Schedule 18 of the Terms and Conditions. At least six weeks’ notice is required before taking annual leave. Numbers of Years of Completed Service as a Consultant.