BDI Resourcing are inviting applications for a Consultant Radiologist with Subspecialty Interest in Breast, Intervention, Uro-radiology, GI for a fantastic NHS Trust in the South West of England. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join a dynamic, forward thinking team of 27 Radiology Consultants.
- NHS Foundation Trust and a busy district general hospital.
- Providing Acute treatment and care to a catchment population of half million people in towns and villages situated in a sought-after area in the South West of England.
- 565 beds and a comprehensive range of acute services including medicine and surgery, services for women and children, accident and emergency services, and diagnostic and clinical support services.
Employs 5,100 staff, some of who also provide outpatient, diagnostic and some day-case surgery services at local community hospitals.
Duties of the post:
- To provide, with consultant colleagues (as appropriate) a service in the specialty to the hospitals so designated with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness.
- Continuing responsibility for the care of patients in your charge in liaison with consultant colleagues and for the proper functioning of the department in line with the Operational Policy and Strategic Plan (as amended from time to time).
- Professional supervision and management of junior medical staff.
- All clinical staff are accountable and responsible for their own clinical competence and should limit their actions to those for which they are deemed competent.
- Clinical staff are also required to comply with the requirements of their professional organisations regarding supervision.
- To conduct clinical radiological practice in accordance with contractual requirements within the parameters of the Division’s and Health Board’s agreed objectives.
- To promote evidence-based clinical practice.
- To undertake regular audit.
- There is full hospital wide PACS which includes networked links to the community sites and home reporting facilities for on call and remote access.
- Nuclear Medicine is located within the Diagnostic Centre close to the main department.
- There is a separate ultrasound suite providing all obstetric and the majority of the gynaecological ultrasound service.
- Location was voted the best place to live in 2020.
- Is England’s only city with UNESCO World Heritage Site status.
- There is a wealth of cultural and leisure opportunities, some of the best state and independent Schools.
- The Trust has a specialist NHS Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases.
- 90 mins by Train to London
- FRCR or equivalent
- OET/ILETS pass rate
- GMC Registration (full or in process)