Roles and responsibilities:
- General radiological services, as to be expected within a small DGH, are provided and within these there is scope for the development of most subspecialty interests.
- The Radiologist appointed will be expected to participate in regular audit. There are monthly Clinical Governance meetings within the department which include regular learning from discrepancy meetings.
- The post is advertised as full time (10PAs) with one of the PAs for on call work. The on call rota will be 1 in 10-12 with prospective cover.
- At present there is no requirement to be in the hospital while on call and images can be reported remotely – a remote workstation will be provided. Attendance is obviously needed for U/S. CT scans overnight are reported by a separate company.
- You are responsible for the associated duties set out in of the Terms and Conditions.
- During the absence of colleagues on leave, consultants are expected to provide agreed levels of cover.
- Where emergency work takes place at regular and predictable times, your clinical manager will seek to schedule it as part of the Programmed Activities in your job plan schedule.
Requirements: GMC, FRCR