BDI Resourcing are looking to appoint a Registrar in Acute Medicine to help serve a close-knit community in Wales! The position is within a University Teaching Hospital renowned for their innovative research and high clinical standards.
- The successful candidates will work under the supervision of the Consultants in the care of acute, general medical inpatients with the opportunity to participate in Ambulatory Care as well as develop your procedural skills.
Duties of post:
- Maintain the highest clinical standards in the management of all patients.
- Be required to provide a senior level of support to the department.
- Assess and manage where appropriate patients with a range of conditions within acute medicine.
- Attend ward rounds both with the consultants. The Specialty Doctor may be responsible for unaccompanied ward rounds.
- Perform additional duties in exceptional circumstances during emergencies or unforeseen circumstances.
- Actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning clinical governance and audit. Regular contribution to departmental meetings, journal club and medical grand rounds of the hospital.
- Supported and encouraged to participate in continuing professional development (CPD) appraisal and revalidation.
- They will have dedicated support and will facilitate ongoing postgraduate qualifications and additional courses. (ie. MRCP SCE)
- CESR support provided for those accumulating evidence for specialist registration application.