We are looking for a motivated Locum Consultant Interventional Radiologist to join a fast paced and forward-thinking Trust in North-Eastern Wales! Their aim is to maintain the highest clinical standards in the management of all patients presenting to the Hospital.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for sharing duties related to interventional radiology.
- The successful applicant would be encouraged to develop a subspecialty interest within interventional radiology, as well as help to provide a core service. The appointee will have general duties in radiology.
- They will be required to adhere to the Trust’s policy on Maintaining Medical Excellence and to be committed to maintaining their standard of performance by keeping their knowledge and skills up to date.
The duties of the post:
- To support radiographers and sonographer staff in the department and also be involved in the teaching and training of specialist registrars grade, junior medical staff, nursing staff and medical students.
- The post holder is expected to participate in the clinical effectiveness activities and to encourage and foster improvements in the quality and standards of clinical services.
- The post-holder will assist with the safeguarding of high standards of care by participating in the creation of an environment in which excellence in clinical care will flourish.
- To deliver a high-quality imaging service with a focus on subspecialty imaging and associated interventions.
- To share, with colleagues in the Imaging Department, the management of all patients referred to the Trust.
- To have responsibility for and actively participate in continuing professional development (CPD).
- Dedicated SPAs for CESR support so that the successful applicant can gain specialist registration.