This is a fantastic opportunity for an overseas trained Doctor who has experience in a Middle Grade position in Emergency Medicine. The NHS Trust in the Midlands are looking to expand their team and are dedicated to providing a supportive pathway towards specialist registration!
- You will be expected to work closely and constructively as part of the Emergency Department Team.
- You will be given strong and ongoing educational support.
- The post holder will be expected to show evidence of effective use of the SPA to develop him/herself or service in the department.
Duties of the post:
- Successful candidates will be required to participate in the teaching and training of medical staff within the department as well as the undergraduate teaching of medical students.
- Specialty doctors must establish and maintain a good working relationship with the various ancillary, mental health, pre-hospital and community services as well as on site specialties and specialties at tertiary referral centres.
- All clinicians are required participate in audit meetings. The post-holder will be required to make contributions to departmental, trust-wide and National audit projects.
- The Trust has a comprehensive clinical governance programme and consultants are expected to be engaged with this work. For example, participation in clinical audit, morbidity/mortality meetings, reporting incidents and near misses and responding to complaints
- An excellent area for international doctors which has received outstanding reviews from previous candidates.
- An excellent on-boarding and induction programme which is geared towards international applicants.
- Dedicated SPAs for support in accumulating evidence for CESR support portfolio.
- MRCEM or Equivalent required
- Full GMC