Interview slot available for a Clinical Oncologist looking to secure an NHS Locum Consultant position at a leading NHS Trust with an excellent track record of developing overseas trained Oncologist in their first or subsequent UK roles. This role was designed specifically to support Oncologists with an interest in Lung & Urology (flexibility re secondary tumour site requirements)
- The Oncology team treats a variety of patients, but the successful applicant will be expected to have a specialist interest in Lung and Urology.
- The Oncology services are fully integrated with other specialities such as surgery and radiology to provide a multidisciplinary approach to patient care.
- The successful applicant will be expected to help enhance the quality of care for elective admissions and emergency referrals to the cancer inpatient services.
- Educational opportunities, equivalent to those afforded to doctors participating in recognised training schemes will be provided.
Duties of the post:
- In line with GMC Good Medical Practice, it is the responsibility of the post-holder to ensure that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standard, and in accordance with current quality initiatives within the area of work.
- The post-holder will be expected to support more junior staff and take part in mentorship roles.
- Clinical trials are an additional key component of the post, requiring clinical trial governance as the post-holder will be expected to assist in the management of trial patients.
- The post-holder will participate in all clinical governance activities, including clinical audit, morbidity and mortality reviews and meetings, clinical effectiveness, risk management, quality improvement activities as required by the Trust, and external accrediting bodies.
- The post-holder will undertake continued professional development and be aware of any new clinical developments in oncology, and to keep regularly update skills and clinical practice.
- Substantial protected time will be given to help support the clinical trials team with active participation in clinical research within an oncology research portfolio.
- Job plans to be agreed in accordance with successful applicant’s areas of interest alongside service requirements.
- SPAs will be provided as part of the successful applicant’s job plan for those building a CESR portfolio for GMC Specialist Registration.
- An excellent area for international doctors which has received outstanding reviews from previous candidates.
- An excellent on-boarding and induction programme which is geared towards international applicants.
- Full GMC
- FRCR or equivalent