This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of Junior Specialist Doctors (Higher) within an excellent NHS Trust in the Midlands. There are 2 posts to commence as soon as possible and the duration of the post is 24 months. This post requires the post holder to work at Registrar level responsibility (UK equivalent StR 3+) within General Paediatrics and level 1 Neonatal services.
- These posts will provide excellent opportunities to gain training in general paediatrics and neonates at a registrar level.
- The post holder will have the option of gaining further subspecialty training in various paediatric subspecialties of their interest including epilepsy, cardiology, allergy, diabetes, respiratory medicine, nephrology, neonatology and community paediatrics. This would be provided through allocation of an appropriate supervisor, and attendance at specialty clinics.
- All posts include regular dedicated time/duties on the Neonatal unit and Paediatric inpatient unit.
- The post holder will be covering both general paediatrics and neonates (level 1)
- Assessment, care and treatment of patients presenting acutely to the specialty and formulating treatment decisions seeking advice from the consultant as appropriate. This will include performing procedures where needed and appropriate
- Running of wards with consultant cover on site during the day and consultant being off site in out of hours
- Supporting Labour ward
- Attendance at clinical meetings and case conferences as appropriate.
- Working within a multidisciplinary team. Communication with other team members as appropriate. Co-coordinating appropriate medical disciplines concerned with care for your specialty and communicating appropriately with general practitioners (GP’s) and community healthcare professionals
- Supervision of more junior medical staff
- Participation in Teaching and training staff in other medical disciplines, nursing and support staff as appropriate
- Participation in relevant audit for the department and quality assurance procedures
- Post holder will attend a Trust Induction followed by departmental induction to ensure they have access to various IT systems and policies and protocols needed in day to day work. If needed then we will provide opportunities to shadow the team for an agreed period before taking up clinical responsibilities.
- One to one relocation support will be provided free of charge.
- The post holder will have access to a named consultant for clinical and educational Supervision who will help to identify learning needs, develop a Personal Development Plan and provide guidance on career development and enhancement.
- The Trust has an active Research and Development Unit that helps with ethical committee submissions, planning, funding and inter-departmental liaison for research projects. The appointee will be encouraged to develop research projects pertinent to their area of interest. Most of the consultants contribute actively to on-going National or Local research programmes and is keen to support junior staff in clinical research.