Aspiring NHS Locum Consultants in Histopathology are being invited to interview next week at a fantastic NHS Trust in the North of England.
Duties of the post:
- The appointee will share the responsibilities of the histopathology service with the current pathologists.
- The post holder will be expected to participate and be innovative in the activities of the department including audit, quality assurance, teaching of junior medical and technical staff, including undergraduates when required. Via the wide range of clinico-pathological meetings they will be expected to build relations with clinical colleagues.
- The post holder will be expected to support and/or initiate clinical research and encourage the campus medical student population to take an interest in pathology.
- The post holder will be expected to work alongside professional colleagues and managers in Cellular Pathology, the rest of the Trust and to maintain the efficient running of Cellular Pathology.
- The post holder will be responsible for all of their signed reports issued from the histopathology department. This will be on a rota basis with consultant colleagues.
- The post-holder will be required to maintain their continuing professional development (CPD) to be able to successfully revalidate. As per the Trust requirement the successful candidate will be required to have annual appraisal and attend / keep fully up to date with statutory and mandatory training as stipulated.
- Job plans to be agreed in accordance with successful applicant’s areas of interest alongside service requirements.
- SPAs will be provided as part of the successful applicant’s job plan for those building a CESR portfolio for GMC Specialist Registration.