We are looking for a dedicated NHS Locum Consultant Neuroradiologist to join a major teaching hospital in Northern Ireland providing tertiary care services across the region.
- The Imaging Centre contains 3 Philips CT scanners (128 slice, including one spectral installed in 2018), 2 Philips MRI scanners (Achieva 1.5T and 3.0T) and a dedicated Philips flat panel biplane neuroangiography unit.
- Neuroradiology provides a formal second opinion service to other NI Trusts, with formal outreach sessions provided in three district general hospitals. The neuroradiologists perform approximately:
-12,500 MRI studies and 15,000 CT scans (including paediatric work) per annum.
-Approximately 650 neurointerventional procedures are performed each year.
The successful applicant will participate:
- In the diagnostic Neuroradiology services.
- On-call (1:8 rota).
- Participation in regular multidisciplinary meetings
- Participate fully in medical and multi-professional clinical audit.
- Teaching of undergraduate and post graduate students
- The post holder will be expected to take part in the annual appraisal programme, job plan review and revalidation.
- Appropriate subspeciality training in diagnostic neuroradiology (minimum 24 months)
- Subspecialty training eg paediatric neuroradiology, head and neck radiology, neurooncology, ophthalmology, spinal imaging
- Evidence of participation in relevant neuroradiology research projects
- Experience in radiological teaching of undergraduate or postgraduate students and/or paramedical staff Consultant Neuroradiologist
- Candidates who are shortlisted for interview will need to demonstrate at interview that they have the required competencies to be effective in this demanding leadership role.