We are seeking an enthusiastic, forward-thinking international doctor to work in a friendly and supportive environment.
The Microbiology department has been instrumental in developing OPAT services and an innovative approach (nationally recognised) to blood culture processing working with blood sciences.
The post is full-time (10 PAs).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a comprehensive infection control service, in conjunction with the infection control team..
- The appointee will attend the Trust’s Drug and Therapeutic committee and the Infection control committee meetings, and will provide advice to these committees on microbiological issues.
- Take an active part in the management of the service, including clinical governance, quality assurance, research, audit, service development and business planning.
- Contribute to the educational and training programmes for all medical and other staff, particularly those involved in the delivery of microbiology and infection control services.
- Provide on-call out-of-hours cover to the department on a 1:4 basis, for which currently a category A on call supplement is payable in accordance with the new contract. The cover provided is a telephone advice service only for laboratory or clinical staff.
- A pass in IELTS/OET
If you would like any support or guidance on relocating to the UK and working within the NHS - send us an email at [email protected] and we will be happy to help you.
Join our Facebook Group IMG Advisor! Here, you will have access to frequent relocation blog posts, the opportunity to ask questions and receive professional support and the chance to meet other IMGs!