Recruitment Consultant and Paediatric Specialist Chay Harwood, uses his expertise to place high quality, international doctors into the NHS on a permanent basis. Swindon-born Chay has given up his days as a Political Activist and Media Coordinator of a social movement to help international doctors find their dream job in the NHS and aid the NHS through high tides in the wake of crippling budget cuts. Whilst undertaking his Degree in Criminology, Chay always found time to ‘get loose’ and hold the government to account for their chronic inability to act on the current Climate Catastrophe and wider Environmental Issues.
What do you like about working for BDI Resourcing?
“The great thing about BDI is the sheer ‘go get ‘em’ attitude we deploy in order to fight for our candidates and provide the NHS with a viable solution to staffing problems and government cuts. We will fight tooth and nail for the service that we all benefit from in the UK and we will be damned if we let hard times tarnish the outstanding work of those who opperate within the National Health Service, despite all the odds stacked against them.”
#1 item on your bucket list
To get to a position whereby I can help those for whom society does not work and make change where change is needed for all to thrive and live without fear of poverty and hardship.
1. Who is your hero?
One man’s hero is another man’s villain.
2. What was your favourite toy as a child?
3. Can you play any instruments?
Only the bum trumpet.
4. What was your childhood nickname?
Chayzus/Chayzus Christ the saviour/ Chaysiff.
5. Do you have any strange phobias?
I hate sharing drinks.
6. What was the worst pet you have ever had?
My mum’s cat (moodiest thing I’ve every laid my eyes upon).
7. What was your favourite tv programme growing up?
Mona the Vampire.
8. What is your favourite flavour of Pringles?
9. Has anyone ever written a song or poem about you?
Yes, once on a piece of kitchen role. And another time a poem about me was performed by a partner whilst I was in the audience of an open mic night.
10. How would your friends describe you?
The best thing that ever happened to them.
11. What would people be surprised to know about you?
I don’t use social media.
12. What is your favourite quote?
“I like the way you work it…no diggity” – An old Chinese proverb.
13. What is your favourite place in the world?
My happy place.
14. What is your guilty pleasure?
The Big Questions (philosophical debate show).
15. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A real boy.
Chay specialises in placing Paediatricians from around the world into the NHS. If you would like to ask a question or find out how we can help then please email [email protected] or follow the links to our social media channels.